I just can't quite keep this little nugget to myself: I recently dated a guy who referred to his penis as - brace yourselves - the "worm".
It took 'getting down and dirty' to a whole new level.
Needless to say, it was a massive turn-off and we broke up the following morning (true story, although perhaps unrelated). But it did get me thinking about why some people name their junk.
It's definitely a gender thing. Women don't name their vagina Coochie, Princess Lala, or Mrs. Bucket (not unless we're heavily intoxicated / joking around with other girls / or happen to be one of the non-existent women who thought the Feminax FrooFroo ad campaign was a good idea)
But WHY. I'm really stuck on this one. Here are a few possible conclusions (but feel free to add your own in the comment section):
- The Penis has a mind of its own, so it needs a name too
- It's very important to the man so needs a respectable title like 'Mr' or 'Junior'
- As a child they were taught to call their bits funny names and this has continued into adulthood
- It's a LAD thing, and it's a funny to tell the LADS about 'Rodzilla' cos they're #LADS
- It needs a name so when it's called it knows when to come (BOOM BOOM)
- Its courteous to know the name of who they're waking up with..
No, seriously - who knows?